Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dear Dad,

I have been thinking about you lots since my dream...
I know I don't even actually know you,
but I miss you.
Mom misses you to. Lots and lots and lots.
Please come visit both of us in a dream again soon.


"If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again."


If I could have a lifetime wish,
A dream that would come true,
I'd pray to God with all my heart,
for yesterday and you.

A thousand words can't bring you back,
I know because I've tried...
Neither will a million tears,
I know because I've cried.

You left behind my broken heart,
and happy memories too...
But I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

People say this hurt I feel won't last--
But I think I'll miss you just as much,
till all my years have passed.

Love you Dad.
Can't wait to meet you someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment